Possibly the best known milestone year, the 50th anniversary is an essential celebration in the marital journey of a couple. Help your loved one(s) celebrate this unique and special occasion by presenting them with a token of esteem that they will treasure forever. You can derive your inspiration from our list of themes linked with this anniversary year.
Modern 50th Anniversary Theme for Gifts: Gold
The perfect precious metal to represent five decades of marriage, gold represents three essential facets that are linked with this anniversary year:
First, its malleable and flexible nature indicates the compromises made between a long-term married pair in order to make it to this milestone year.
Second, it is resilient, impervious to heat and acid, and acts as a reflection of the eternal perfection of a long-term union.
Third, its rarity and luxurious nature is an ideal reflection of the precious nature of a long-term marriage.
As alchemists struggled to turn base metal to gold, we all try to turn negative qualities into virtues like compassion and love. A couple celebrating a 50th anniversary have perfected this ability. The value of gold also reflects the value of such a long-term marriage.
Alternate Stone: Gold or Imperial Topaz
Floral Theme: Yellow Rose or Violet
A yellow rose has a meaning of happiness, friendship and joy, while the violet encompasses a meaning of faith, affection and modesty.
Modern Anniversary Gift Suggestions
• Flower-based gifts for this anniversary (yellow roses or violets), for example: plant, perfume, scented candles, bouquet of flowers, art print
• Gold jewellery (necklace, bracelet, ring, pendant)
• Gold topaz or gold imperial jewellery (alternate stones for this anniversary)
• Gold-Dipped Eternity Rose (signifying the golden gift theme for this anniversary)
• Yellow Glazed Eternity Rose (signifying the yellow rose floral theme for this anniversary)
Here we present a video-clip of our acclaimed Gold-Dipped Eternity Rose
Following are links to the next big anniversaries, plus further info on this wonderful tradition: